Wednesday, June 3, 2009

South Beach Diet-Day 10!!!


I am so desperate to lose the last little bit of the baby bulge... It has been a year and half now since I had Noah so there is just absolutely no reason for me to be using the excuse " I just had a baby" anymore! It has to go.. that's the bottom line. I'm not ready to wear a "mom" bathing suit for the rest of my life.... It would be nice to fit back into my pre-baby two piece suit, at least one more time... I also have about 15 pairs of cute, cute, cute pre-Noah jeans that I am dying to get back into... So, because I have gone on South Beach, Bryan has also :) He doesn't mind though... we have made it a competition... like our own personal version of Biggest Loser. ( He's winning right now by the way and makes sure he let's me know about it daily) When I first started this crazy diet 10 days ago, I thought I was going to die... our first night of it we were eating dinner at my parent's house and dinner was taco salad.... of course for Bryan and I it was just salad with a bit of taco meat and some salsa... Mom was piling doritos on hers... painful, just painful! The second day I almost quit at several points in the day, especially as I was walking through the grocery store grabbing a few things and feeling as if the whole world was spinning... It was almost like an out of body experience... Not good, not good... I guess that was what they call "carb crashing". It's now day 10, and it's not so bad... I've had to get pretty creative with our dinners and lunches but have come up with some pretty yummy healthy things!! Here's a recipe for some South Beach friendly chicken lettuce wraps that turned out to be absolutely scrumptious!

1 TB Trader Joes Soyaki Sauce
1 TB Soy Sauce
1 TB EVOO
2 tsp honey dijon ( or more if necessary to thicken up sauce)
2 chicken breasts, cut into little pieces
2 cloves of garlic, choppped finely
1/2 med sweet onion chopped finely
4-5 lettuce cups
-garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ginger powder (pinch of each )


Heat EVOO on med high with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
Add chicken and cook evenly in mixture over medium heat until cooked through
Add dijon mustard and ginger powder ( add more for stronger flavor)
Cook for 5 more minutes on medium/low heat untl the flavors are all mixed together and yummy :)

Serve in lettuce cups... :) Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging! :)

    I lost a lot of weight for my wedding, and it's clear I've gained it back, so I've been in crazy workout mode for a couple of weeks now. * sigh * I am pretty sure what I weighed on the big day is NOT my normal weight, so I'm not trying to get back there, just healthier. Good luck with SBD! I couldn't do it bc I just love carbs so much ... I'd starve. I just cut out the fats/snacks.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is crazy.... I was my tiniest ever for my wedding too. I guess it is all of the stress that goes into planning and worrying about everything going smoothly on the big day. SBD is not so bad! Just 2 weeks without bad carbs. Next week I can re-introduce fruits and whole grain pasta/bread! Yum yum!! I'm down 7 lbs in 12 days!!! You'll get back to where you were A if you keep up the working out and cutting out snacks. It's so much harder now than it ever used to be huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll pick up the SBD book again! It's definitely harder than it used to be, and it just seems unfair ... because I'm probably healthier now than ever! Sigh ... to eat whatever I want again. It's just a memory now. hehe

    ReplyDelete