Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Every Day is a Winding Road


This verse has been on my heart lately as I navigate the valleys of life. It fits perfectly with the theme of this season of our life. In the past, my mentality towards tough times has always been, "why me and why now?" God never puts more than you can handle on your plate, right? My plate's pretty full, but he must know what he is doing. I am so much more thankful for the testing and challenging times now, because that's where the growth is... that is where God has refined me and taught me more than I would have ever known. I want to enjoy the fullness of life, the ups and downs, the happy, the sad... all of it and if I have to go through some valleys, I'll appreciate coming out of them even that much stronger!

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment