Tuesday, May 5, 2009


I am obsessed with kids books. I love em. You would think that almost one year out of the classroom I would be over them... but no. Every single time we make the trek up to the Barnes and Noble, where do I go? Straight to the children's section, and that is where I find myself browsing almost the entire time that we are there. There are so many deep themes and interesting stories to be told in a book written to an audience whose average age is 12. Here are my top 10 all time favorite kids chapter books that I highly recommend when you are in the mood for quick reads with some depth :) Some of them are laugh out loud funny while others are tissue box worthy for sure!

1. Granny Torelli Makes Soup by: Sharon Creech
2. Locomotion by: Jacqueline Woodson ( free verse poetry!)
3. The Tale of Despereaux by: Kate DiCamillo
4. Each Little Bird That Sings by: Deborah Wiles
5. Bud Not Buddy by: Christopher Paul Curtis
6.Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
7. The Watsons Go to Birmingham by: Christopher Paul Curtis
8. Love That Dog by: Sharon Creech
9. Sahara Special by: Esme Raji Codell
10. Trouble Don't Last by: Shelley Pearsall

No comments:

Post a Comment