Friday, April 10, 2009

"It's Friday and I'm in Love"

Life is crazy, but good. Every day is unpredictable, yet in some ways very predictable. I watch babies ( 2 babies and Noah!) all day and tutor at night. My days consist of baby food and endless amounts of poop of all consistencies and colors... my house in in a constant state of smelliness. My skin has absorbed the smells... As I roll into bed each night after an hour of "free time" the stench is still there, no matter how many delicious smelling Tyler Candles I burn. It's like Pig Pen's dirt cloud following me around, enveloping my personal space." Is this going to be forever?!?!" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs) I think to myself as I drift off into another world, a dream world where there are no worries, no chasing after my little monkey Noah who is a pro at scaling our living room furniture.

My breakfasts/lunches consist of cheddar cheese cubes and the remnants of Noah's strawberries. Today I did have a chance to scarf down some Multigrain Cheerios, with the help of a particular somebody's little finger constantly dipping into milk and steering the loner Cheerios back to the big group in the bowl. I think he didn't want them to be alone... Oh so very sanitary, I know. Noah then proceeds to grab my spoon because he wants to stir the O's and pretend like he is scooping the food out of the bowl... He never wants to actually eat the food, just pretends like he is taking part in the eating experience too. Oh I love that child, he is so cute it's hard to get mad at him for anything when he looks up at me with those big baby blues with the slightest smile on those little heart shaped lips, his double dimples ( YES! He has double dimples... who knew such thing existed... he's got two right at the top of both cheeks and then two at the corners of his sweet little mouth) I just melt and can only think, Wow, he is mine.... he is God's creation entrusted to Bryan and I to love and laugh with... to teach and mold.... to cherish each day we're on this earth. Thinking of that, I am so blessed to have crazy kinds of days... days filled with crying fits, climbing on everything under God's creation, smelliness... the list could go on forever.

" What a beautiful mess, what a beautiful mess I'm in...." Life is good and we are blessed... I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment